October 21st, 2011
Great Websites For Tennis Drills
My Top 7 Websites For Tennis Drills
Tennis drills increase our consistency, improve you footwork, and increase your tennis fitness.
Here are my favorite website for finding tennis drills:
- Tennis.com – http://www.tennis.com/instruction/drills/index.aspx
- Tennis4you.com – http://www.tennis4you.com/workshop/workshop.htm
- Webtennisdrills.com – http://webtennisdrills.com/
- Webtennis24.com – http://webtennis24.com/
- Onlinetennisinstruction.com – http://www.onlinetennisinstruction.com/tennisdrills.html
- Active.com – http://www.active.com/tennis/Articles/Tennis-Drills-to-Improve-Your-Skills.htm
- Toptennisdrills.com – http://www.toptennisdrills.com/
The Key To Tennis Drills Is INTENSITY
Let me tell you a story…
I'm an University of Oregon Ducks Football fan. They practice at an unusually high level of intensity and speed. When it comes to game day, the game slows down slightly and feels easier to them.
Be like the Ducks! Try your tennis drills at a more intense level than how you compete; it will help your game tremendously.
June 8th, 2011
Improve Your Game With The USTA
The current world of tennis is dominated by three major organizations. Though people may tend to have different opinions, the fact is that these top three organizations have their own leagues and tournaments that have gained enormous prestige over the years. They are the ATP, the WTA and the USTA. While the ATP and the WTA are for males and females respectively, the USTA has tournaments for all ages, genders and levels of players. They even have a foundation for wheelchair tennis.
Usta wants players to improve their games, with the ultimate goal of promoting the game.
The tips range from general instructions to specific guideline pertaining to a particular playing style. They are explained as under:
· General instructions- To begin with the website lists some general instructions for all players. These are the basics. You need a solid foundation on which to build your game and you need a general knowledge of the game and the proper equipment. These general tips can range from buying tennis equipment to tennis stroke instruction.
· Player to Player- USTA.com also addresses questions posed by its members. Questions range from issues about tennis rules to what strategy to employ. Additionally, this section analyses different playing styles and match situations.
· Rules of the game- The website has an exhaustive list of rules issued by the international tennis foundation. This rule book can be handy in solving any issue that comes up on the court. Do you know whether you can stand outside the doubles alley when you serve? The rule book knows.
· Health and fitness- USTA.com also focuses on general well being and fitness. This section can provide some good fitness tips. So if you're looking for one or two fitness tips to spice up your routine, you can checkout the USTA's fitness section. For a more comprehensive tennis workout, click here.